Friday, May 13, 2016

Sibling Relationships

    I know I have talked about relationships before both romantic and friendships but today I wanted to discuss how birth order affects relationships between siblings. To start off, the first-born usually feel more threatened by the second-born since they are their first sibling compared to the last-born who is just the baby. In fact, when my little sister was first born I threw a little stuffed reindeer at her the first time I saw her. While the oldest child have many distinct qualities usually one that is being a leader which requires them to be more clever to not get dethroned by their sibling. Also they were able to grow up watching adults not just their siblings. Now the only child does not get to experience sibling relationships which I find very sad since they are something to cherish but they also do not have to fight for their parents attention which is a plus. The middle child sometimes don't feel as accomplished as their older sibling which can make them feel invisible however as time passes and from personal experience that bond grows stronger between middle and older siblings. Now the youngest child feel the need to do something big with their life due to interference from older siblings. Sibling rivalry erupts constantly in many households mine included where tension occurs 24/7. The youngest plays on the fact that they are the baby in the family and my brother does this all the time batting his little eyelashes. While the middle child are often squeezed out and don't really have a spot. First-borns usually resent their responsibilities when new siblings come along. Researching this topic I came across many articles however a few of them did not pass the CRAP test  being to old or unreliable. However I found two articles that gave me information that was very useful and reliable.








Grace, Elizabeth. "Sibling Relationships and Birth Order." kids'development. KidsDevelopment, 19
     October 2014. Web. 13 May 2016.

B, Staci. "How Bith Order Affects and Sibling and Family Dynamics." Knoji. ZipfWorks Inc., 13
     May 2016. Web. 13 May 2016.


No comments:

Post a Comment